Last Updated on 2 months by Admin
Paula Abdul Biography
Paula Abdul is an American dancer, choreographer, singer, actress, and television personality. At the age of 18 she began her career as a cheerleader for the Los Angeles Lakers and later became the head choreographer for the Laker Girls, where she was discovered by The Jacksons.
After she choreographed music videos for Janet Jackson, Paula became a choreographer at the height of the music video era and soon thereafter she was signed to Virgin Records. Her first studio album Forever Your Girl (1988) became one of the most successful debut albums at that time. It sold 7 million copies in the United States and setting a record for the most number-one singles from a debut album on the Billboard Hot 100 chart: “Straight Up”, “Forever Your Girl”, “Cold Hearted”, and “Opposites Attract”. Paula’s six number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 tie her with Diana Ross for seventh among the female solo performers who have topped the chart.
From 2002 to 2009 paula was one of the original judges on the television series American Idol and has since appeared as a judge on The X Factor, Live to Dance, and So You Think You Can Dance. She known to have received choreography credits in numerous films, including Can’t Buy Me Love (1987), The Running Man (1987), Big (1988), Coming to America (1988), Action Jackson (1988), The Doors (1991), Jerry Maguire (1996), and American Beauty (1999).
Paula also received five MTV Video Music Award nominations, winning twice, as well as receiving the Grammy Award for Best Music Video for “Opposites Attract” in 1991. For her work on The Tracey Ullman Show she received the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Choreography twice and her own performance at the American Music Awards in 1990. Paula was honored with her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and is the first entertainer to be honored with the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards’ Hall of Fame Award.
Paula Abdul Age | How Old Is Paula Abdul
Paula was born on June 19, 1962 in San Fernando, California. She is 57 years old as of 2019.
Paula Abdul Height | How Tall Is Paula Abdul
Paula stands at a height of 1.52 m.
Paula Abdul Parents
Paula was born in San Fernando, California. Her parents are both Jewish. Her father, Harry Abdul, was born into the Syrian Jewish community in Aleppo, Syria, was raised in Brazil, and subsequently immigrated to the United States. Her mother, the concert pianist Lorraine M. Rykiss, grew up in one of the two Jewish families in Minnedosa, Manitoba, and has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestors from Ukraine. She has a sister named Wendy.
Paula Abdul Young
As a keen dancer, Paula was inspired towards a show business career by Gene Kelly in the film Singin’ in the Rain.
She started taking dance lessons at an early age in ballet, jazz, and tap. Paula went to Van Nuys High School, where she was a cheerleader and an honor student. When she was 15 years old, she received a scholarship to a dance camp near Palm Springs, and in 1978 appeared in a low-budget Independent musical film, Junior High School. She graduated from Van Nuys High School in 1980.
She studied broadcasting at the California State University, Northridge. In her freshman year, Paula was selected from a pool of 700 candidates for the cheerleading squad of the Los Angeles Lakers NBA basketball team—the famed Laker Girls. She became head choreographer within a year .
Paula Abdul Married | Paula Abdul Husband | Paula Abdul Kids | Emilio Estevez And Paula Abdul
As of 2019 Paula is still single after two marriages and divorce. Abdul was married to Emilio Estevez from 1992 to 1994. Abdul married clothing designer Brad Beckerman in 1996, at the New England Carousel Museum in Bristol, Connecticut. They divorced in 1998, after 17 months of marriage, citing irreconcilable.
Paula was driving her Mercedes Benz in December 2004,on a Los Angeles-area freeway when she changed lanes and hit another vehicle. The driver of the car she hit and passenger took a photograph with a cell phone camera and wrote down the license plate number of the car, which was traced to Abdul. Paula was fined US$900 in March 2005 and given 24 months of informal probation after pleading nolo contendere (no contest) to misdemeanor hit-and-run driving. She was ordered to pay US$775 for damage to the other car.
Paula Abdul Boyfriend
As of 2019 there is no information about Paula dating anyone, she is still single.
Paula Abdul Religion
Paula is observant in her Jewish faith and is proud of her heritage. She once stated, “My father is a Syrian Jew whose family immigrated to Brazil. My mother is Canadian with Jewish roots. My dream is to go to Israel for a real holiday.” When Israeli Tourism Minister Isaac Herzog invited her to Israel in November 2006, , Paula responded with a hug, adding, “I will come; you have helped me make a dream come true.” At the age of 51 in 2013 , Paula had her bat mitzvah in Safed, Israel, at a Kabbalah center. Paula was reported as a practitioner of Transcendental Meditation in 2003.
Paula Abdul Tour | Paula Abdul Tickets
- Tuesday 22 October 2019 – Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US
- Thursday 24 October 2019 – Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US
- Friday 25 October 2019 – Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US
- Saturday 26 October 2019 – Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US
- Tuesday 26 November 2019 – Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US
- Thursday 28 November 2019 – Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US
- Friday 29 November 2019 – Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US
- Saturday 30 November 2019 – Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US
- Tuesday 17 December 2019 – Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US
- Thursday 19 December 2019 – Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US
Paula Abdul Songs | Paula Abdul Music
- Straight Up
- Opposites Attract
- Cold Hearted
- Rush, Rush
- The Way That You Love Me
- The Promise of a New Day
- Forever Your Girl
- Blowing Kisses in the Wind
- My Love Is for Real
- Dance Like There’s No Tomorrow
- Crazy Cool
- Will You Marry Me?
- Knocked Out
- Ain’t Never Gonna Give You Up
- I’m Just Here For The Music
- State of Attraction
- If I Were Your Girl
- Alright Tonight
- Bend Time Back Around
- Didn’t I Say I Love You
- It’s All About Feeling Good
- Love Don’t Come Easy
- Skat Strut
- Rock House
- Good Night, My Love
- Bend Time Back ‘Round
- Megamix Medley
- One or the Other
- The Choice Is Yours
Paula Abdul Straight Up
“Straight Up” is a song recorded by American singer Paula Abdul for her debut album Forever Your Girl (1988). It was written and produced by Elliot Wolff, and was released as the album’s third single on November 22, 1988, by Virgin Records. “Straight Up” became Abdul’s first worldwide hit, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and brought her widespread public attention after two failed singles.
The song is a mid-tempo dance tune. Daniel J. Levitin’s This Is Your Brain on Music praises the song as “hold[ing] a certain appeal over many, many listenings.”
Paula Abdul Forever Your Girl
Paula’s debut studio album, Forever Your Girl (1988), became the most successful debut album in history at that time, reaching number one on the Billboard 200 chart after 64 weeks where it spent 10 weeks at number one, and set a record for the most singles from a debut album to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States. The album was certified platinum in 1989.
Paula Abdul Shirt | Paula Abdul House
Paula Abdul House
Paula Abdul Albums
- Forever Your Girl
- Head over Heels
- Shut Up and Dance: Mixes
Paula Abdul Cheerleader | Paula Abdul Lakers | Paula Abdul Choreography
Paula started her career as a cheerleader for the Los Angeles Lakers at the age of 18. During her freshman year, she was selected from a pool of 700 candidates for the cheerleading squad of the Los Angeles Lakers NBA basketball team—the famed Laker Girls. Within a year, she became head choreographer.
Paula Abdul Hot | Paula Abdul Legs | Paula Abdul Bikini
Paula Abdul photos
Paula Abdul Spellbound
Paul saw continued success with her second studio album Spellbound (1991), which saw two additional number-one singles: “Rush Rush” and “The Promise of a New Day”. Spellbound retained the dance-pop sound from Forever Your Girl and introduced elements of R&B, and sold 7 million copies worldwide.
Paula Abdul Movies
Movies From Year 2011 to 2017
- 2013,2015–2016 – So You Think You Can Dance as Judge
- 2005, 2007 – Family Guy as Herself
- 2018 – A Sister’s Secret as Detective Tupper
- 2017 – Fresh Off the Boat as Holly
- 2016 – Lip Sync Battle – Herself – backup singer
- 2016 – Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life – Herself
- 2015 – Real Husbands of Hollywood – Herself
- 2014 – So You Think You Can Dance Australia as Judge
- 2014 – RuPaul’s Drag Race as Guest judge
- 2014 – Neighbours as Herself
- 2013 – X Factor Around the World as Judge
- 2012 – Dancing with the Stars as Guest judge
- 2011 – Live to Dance as Judge
- 2011 – The X Factor (US) as Judge
Movies From Year 2002 to 2009
- 2009 – RAH! Paula Abdul’s Cheerleading Bowl – Herself
- 2009 – Brüno – Herself
- 2009–2014 – Drop Dead Diva as Herself
- 2008 – Hotel Babylon – Herself
- 2007 – Hey Paula – Herself
- 2006 – The X Factor (UK) as Guest judge
- 2005 – Romy and Michele: In the Beginning – Herself
- 2005 – Less Than Perfect as Kathleen
- 2005 – Robots as Wristatch
- 2004 – That’s So Raven as Undercover Judge
- 2003 – Looney Tunes: Back in Action – Herself
- 2013/16 – American Idol – Herself/Judge
Movies From Year 1978 to 1999
- 1999 – The Wayans Bros. as Sasha
- 1999 – Sabrina, the Teenage Witch – Herself
- 1999 – Mr. Rock ‘n’ Roll: The Alan Freed Story as Denise Walton
- 1998 – The Waiting Game as Amy Fuentes
- 1997 – Touched By Evil as Elle Collier
- 1997 – Muppets Tonight – Herself
- 1990 – Skat Strut – Herself
- 1989 – Opposites Attract – Herself
- 1987 – Can’t Buy Me Love as Dancer
- 1978 – Junior High School as Sherry
Paula Abdul American Idol | Paula Abdul And Simon Cowell
Paula started appearing as one of three judges on the Fox reality competition series American Idol. She won praise as a sympathetic and compassionate judge and mentor. Paula seemed especially kind compared to fellow judge Simon Cowell, who was often blunt in his appraisals of the contestants’ performances. After Paula realized that Cowell’s over-the-top judging style was heartbreaking for many young contestants, she was horrified and she considered leaving the series. Paula and Cowell differences often resulted in extremely heated on-air exchanges and confrontations. However, Cowell played a major role in convincing Abdul not to leave the series. While serving as a judge on American Idol, paul accepted a second assignment as reporter for Entertainment Tonight.
Paula Abdul Drunk Paula Abdul Drugs
Paula’s substance abuse allegations arose as the result of what some described as “erratic behavior”by Abdul during episodes of American Idol. After she read these allegations on message boards, Paua told People in April 2005 that she had suffered from chronic pain for years following a “cheerleading accident” at age 17 and was diagnosed with reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) in November 2004. Paula says she is now pain-free following treatment, including the anti-inflammatory medication Enbrel.