Last Updated on 1 month by Admin
Paul Williams Biography
Paul Williams was a member of The Temptations from 1961 to 1963. He was one of the original lead singers of the group, along with Eddie Kendricks. However, he left the group after two years due to personal problems.
Paul Williams Age
Paul Williams was born on January 2, 1939, in Detroit, Michigan, United States. He died on August 17, 1990, at the age of 51. He had been suffering from heart problems for many years.
Paul Williams Education
Paul did not have any formal education beyond high school. He attended Cass Technical High School in Detroit, Michigan, where he studied music and drama. After graduating from high school, he joined The Primes, a local doo-wop group
Paul Williams Marriage Life
He married Mary Agnes Williams his High school sweetheart in 1959 and had five children together. His struggle with alcoholism and drug addiction, coupled with sickle-cell anemia caused him chronic health problems which took a toll on his marriage leading to divorce in 1977. However, they remarried in 1981 and stayed together until his death in 1990.
Paul Williams Children
Paul had five children with Mary; Sarita, Kenneth, Paula, Mary, and Paul Jr.
Paul Williams Career Milestones
He was a singer, songwriter, and actor who was known for his soaring falsetto voice and his smooth, soulful delivery. Other milestones include;
- Member of The Temptations from 1961 to 1963
- Sang lead on several of the group’s early hits, including “Your Wonderful Love”, “Slow Down Heart”, and “I Want a Love I Can See”
- Co-wrote the song “My Girl” with Smokey Robinson
- Appeared in the films “Lady Sings the Blues” (1972) and “Car Wash” (1976)
- Nominated for a Grammy Award for Best R&B Vocal Performance, Duo or Group for “My Girl” (1965)
Paul Williams Height
As the tallest member of the group, Paul was 6 feet tall (1.83 meters)
Paul Williams Notable Songs and Movies
- Notable songs: “The Way You Do (Things to Me)”, “My Girl”, “Get Ready”
- Notable movies: “Lady Sings the Blues”, “Car Wash”
Paul Williams Story Interview
The Paul Williams we are referring to is the singer of The Temptations, not Paul Williams the songwriter.