Last Updated on 3 months by Mcri
Matthew Modine Biography
Matthew Modine (Matthew Avery Modine) is an American actor, activist, and filmmaker well known for his role as the United States Marine Corps Private Joker in Stanley Kubrick’s Full Metal Jacket.
Matthew Modine Age
Modine was born on 22nd of March 1959 in Loma Linda, California, He is 60 years old as of 2019.
Matthew Modine Height
Matthew stands at a height of 6’3″. I was 168
Matthew Modine Family
He was born the youngest of seven sons of Dolores (mother), a bookkeeper, and Mark Alexander Modine (father), worked as a manager in drive-in theaters. He is a nephew of a stage actress Nola Modine Fairbanks, and his great-grandfather a prospector and pioneer Ralph Jacobus Fairbanks. He was raised up in Utah for several years, moving every year or two.
Matthew Modine Wife
Matthew is married to Caridad Rivera whom he met during his early years in New York City. Caridad a makeup and wardrobe stylist was born in 1955 and hails from Puerto Rican and African roots. The pair got married on Halloween day in 1980 and have remained inseparable since then.
Matthew Modine Children | Daughter
The pair have share two kids together, a son named Boman Mark Rivera Modine who is a film assistant director and a daughter named Ruby Wylder Rivera Modine who is an actress-singer and dancer. His son Boman was born on the 8th of November 1985 and have directed films like The Dark Knight Rises (2012), Whiplash (2014) and Merry Xmas (2015).
His daughter Ruby was born July 31, 1990, in Loma Linda, California. She has been featured in a handful of films and TV shows and is best known for playing the recurring role of Sierra in Showtime’s hit series, Shameless. Ruby as well as appeared in the 2017 slasher film, Happy Death Day and its sequel. Matthew Modine has David Alan Grier as the godfather of his two children.
Matthew Modine Education
He was enrolled and later graduated from high school, his family later relocated to New York City where he was enrolled at Stella Adler Studio of Acting and began his acting career at theaters.
Matthew Modine Career
He began his career working at several odd jobs, including as a cook at a Manhattan restaurant, where he met his wife, Caridad Rivera. He was featured in the TV movie Amy and the Angel of 1981, he stared as James Earl Jones. He had his screen debut came soon after, in Baby, It’s You of 1983, He later got featured as the lead role in Streamers of 1983. He rose to fame with his star on the rise, roles in major Hollywood movies such as Hotel New Hampshire of 1984, opposite Jodie Foster, Mrs. Soffel of 1984 co-starring Mel Gibson, and Birdy of 1984, co-starring Nicolas Cage, followed.Matthew Modine Photo
He later appeared in hits such as Full Metal Jacket of 1987 and Married to the Mob of 1988 got to drop out of sight in the 1990s, despite receiving the 1993 Venice Film Festival’s Volpi Cup and sharing a Hollywood Foreign Press Golden Globe Award for Best Ensemble Cast in Robert Altman’s Short Cuts of 1993. He as well made the move to the small screen for HBO’s And the Band Played On of 1993, He received an Emmy nomination for his efforts, then earned a Golden Globe nomination for his performance in the 1998 Hallmark Entertainment production What the Deaf Man Heard (CBS).
He directed three short films that were screened at the Sundance Film Festival, then went on to write and star in his feature directorial debut, If…Dog…Rabbit of 1999 co-starring John Hurt. He also directed the play 12 Angry Men, starring F. Murray Abraham, at the New Mercury Theater in Beverly Hills. His most recent films include 47 Meters Down of 2017 and Sicario: Day of the Soldado of 2018. He as well played a starring role as Dr. Martin Brenner in the hit Netflix series, Stranger Things.
Matthew Modine Net Worth
Matthew has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars.
Matthew Modine Stranger Things
He was featured as Dr. Martin Brenner on (Stranger Things)based on It’s the fall of 1984, about a year after Will Byers was found, and he has been plagued by seeing visions of the Upside Down featuring a more dangerous monster. That leads the boy to see a suspiciously friendly new doctor, with the possibility that Will’s visions are the result of suffering from PTSD. Nancy deals with survivor’s remorse over the death of best friend Barb. Meanwhile, a new sinister entity threatens the Hawkins residents who survived the year-earlier events. New to the town is tomboy Max, who befriends the boys and attracts the romantic interests of Dustin and Lucas.
Matthew Modine Full Metal Jacket
He was featured as James T. “Joker” Davisr olein (Full Metal Jacket) is the main protagonist of the 1987 Vietnam War movie Full Metal Jacket. He is the narrator of the movie, and he is shown wearing a peace sign on his uniform as well as an M1 Helmet reading “Born to Kill”.
Matthew Modine Wrestling | Wrestling Movie | Vision Quest
He is featured in (Vision Quest), as a High school wrestler, Louden Swain feels he must do something significant in his life shortly after turning 18. Despite vehement advice against it from his father (Ronny Cox) and coach (Charles Hallahan), Swain decides to try to lose over 20 pounds in a very short time in an attempt to take on the defending state champion of a lower weight class. Meanwhile, he falls for the edgy, older Carla (Linda Fiorentino), who provides a further distraction for the young wrestler.
Matthew Modine Movies | Tv Shows
- Baby It’s You (1983) as Steve
- Private School (1983) as Jim
- Streamers (1983) as Billy
- Birdy (1984) as Birdy
- The Hotel New Hampshire (1984) as Chip Dove / Ernst
- Mrs. Soffel (1984) as Jack Biddle
- Vision Quest (1985) as Louden Swain
- Full Metal Jacket (1987) as Private Joker
- Orphans (1987) as Treat
- The Gamble (1988) as Francesco Sacredo
- Married to the Mob (1988) as Mike Downey
- Gross Anatomy (1989) as Joe Slovak
- Memphis Belle (1990) as Capt. Dennis Dearborn
- Pacific Heights (1990) as Drake Goodman
- Wind (1992) as Will Parker
- Equinox (1992) as Henry Petosa / Freddy Ace
- Short Cuts (1993) as Dr. Ralph Wyman
- And the Band Played On (1993, TV Movie (HBO)) as Dr. Don Francis
- The Browning Version (1994) as Frank Hunter
- Jacob (1994, TV Movie) as Jacob
- Bye Bye Love (1995) as Dave
- Fluke (1995) as Thomas P. Johnson / Voice of Fluke
- Cutthroat Island (1995) as Shaw
- The Blackout (1997) as Matty
- The Maker (1997) as Walter Schmeiss
- The Real Blonde (1997) as Joe
- What the Deaf Man Heard (1997, TV Movie) as Sammy Ayers
- The American (1998, TV Movie) as Christopher Newman
- Notting Hill (1999) as Movie-Within-Movie Actor (uncredited)
- If… Dog… Rabbit… (1999) as Johnnie Cooper
- Any Given Sunday (1999) as Dr. Ollie Powers
- Flowers for Algernon (2000, TV Movie) as Charlie Gordon
- Very Mean Men (2000) as Bartender
Bamboozled (2000) as Himself
- Nobody’s Baby (2001) as Sonny
- In the Shadows (2001) as Eric
- Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story (2001, TV Mini-Series) as Jack Robinson (Johnathan William Duncan Robinson)
- The Shipment (2001) as Mitch Garrett
- Redeemer (2002, TV Movie) as Paul Freeman
- The West Wing (2003, TV) as Marco Arlen
- Hitler: The Rise of Evil (2003) as Fritz Gerlich
- Le Divorce (2003) as Tellman
- Hollywood North (2003) as Bobby Myer